- Set up shipments with US Carriers and / or Mexican Carries and obtain missing information as necessary to ensure accuracy of material distribution, documentation and / or computerized system integrity.
- Working from a variety of documents (forms, schedules, lists) input data into computer to create new records or documents or to update existing information for department records.
- Prepare / generate documentation and /or correspondence related to departmental functions.
- May instruct or assist other employees in the proper processes and/or procedures of the department.
- Maintain files pertinent to area of operation.
- Comply with internal controls and current quality processes.
- Organize and prioritize workflow.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Must be able to use computers, calculators and related equipment (i.e. copy machine, fax). Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
PREFERRED: Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two-year previous experience required to include one-year experience in specific department or area.
- There will be on the job training for specific processes.
- On the job training will be provided.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers, handle, grasp, grab or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and regularly walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will occasionally lift and / or move objects up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Must possess good communication, organizational and listening skills. Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers. Ability to understand and speak simple sentences. Must possess good verbal / written communication skills as the job will require constant contact with both internal / external departments and / or company vendors, customers, etc.