Join the industry leader! KAG is North America's largest independent fuels delivery and bulk liquids carrier. At KAG, we pride ourselves on providing the safest and highest quality service to our customers by delivering every load on time, without incident. If you are high energy, are interested in a great work/life balance and want to contribute to KAG's excellent tradition of innovation and leadership in the logistics and transportation industry, we invite you to apply! Start helping us achieve Our Vision of revolutionizing transportation and logistics within the liquid bulk industry through our national scale, advanced technology and an uncompromising commitment to be the employer of choice.
Benefits of Partnering with KAG include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) employer match program
- Company paid life insurance
- Well-defined career progression path for each team member
- On-site gym, cafeteria and coffee bar
We are currently seeking a Transportation Broker at our North Canton corporate office. We are looking for natural multi-taskers with the ability to manage their time and resources effectively. Our ideal employee is highly-energetic with an upbeat personality. Does this sound like you?
A Day in the Life Includes:
- Position will be focused on securing freight transactions, including scheduling and tracking shipments, negotiating with freight carriers and handling customer questions.
- Position may also be involved in prospecting for new clients, securing transportation, matching carriers with customers and maintaining positive customer and carrier relations.
- Additional tasks may include preparing spreadsheets and reports
- Coordinate and manage campaigns and projects that are tailored to customer requirements and needs
- Developing shipper and carrier relationships to efficiently execute transactions timely and with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provide KAG billing department load information timely when necessary to ensure that customer invoice is timely and accurate
- Position will work with other shared service departments when necessary to ensure customer and carrier issues are identified and addressed
- Position will have to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
Potential Team Members should have:
- High School diploma / GED required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Individuals with prior freight brokering, inside sales prospecting or customer service experience in a business-to-business environment is a major plus
- Position will need to be able to work independently and in a team setting to be successful
- Successful track record of building relationships with customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
- Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs.
Kenan Advantage Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.